Saturday, September 25, 2010

I did it! 13 miles without stopping. I did walk in the middle so that I could eat my "goo". If I didn't I couldn't have eaten it and without a little energy along the way I'd collapse.

I don't like to run out half my distance and then turn around and run back. So, I try to do loops or run out and then get picked up. Today I ran from my house to the beach and then south past buccaneer beach. I thought I was going to stop at any moment from about 8 miles on but I just kept pushing through it. Once I did stop I turned around, looked back the way I just came and asked myself, "could I just run back home?" Today that answer would have to be NO! Hopefully, by the time December gets here I'll be able to say YES!

I heard that if you can run 13 you can finish 26.2. I'm counting on it, since I'm officially signed up and have paid the entry fee. Now I'm going to have to do it for sure.

1 comment:

  1. I'm tired just reading about you running 13 miles. However, you have inspired me: I got up early this morning and rode my bike alongside my son while he ran. Hey, it's a start.
    Surfstarved Roy

    ReplyDelete