Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tough Run

I'm several weeks into my training program now and this month will be when I start to really ramp up the miles on Saturdays. Last Saturday was a 6 mile run and by the end of August I'll be ready for double digits. However, today was only 3 which proved to be very difficult. That may be more due to what I did yesterday than today. I took my first day of vacation as the opportunity to play 2 hours of basketball, run 3 miles, repair the washing machine, do some laundry (only to make sure that the repairs took) and grout the guest bathroom tile floor. All of that took place before 1pm. I had to go back into work just to rest. After 3 hours of working, I went surfing till I couldn't get up anymore. Turned out to be too much for a vacation. Today I'll have to take it easier.

While on my run I seriously considered stopping and walking. I started think that maybe I can't do this and have taken on too hard of a goal. But, I made it through and will reserve that question for a later date.

1 comment:

  1. love the blog Brett! I used to wonder how you lived such a charmed life too,(or rather how you exuded the ease of someone who did.) I guess it the waiting hardship was all backed up, ready to rain in buckets when it did come. ... So glad you're still here with us.
    love you,
    todd

    ReplyDelete