Saturday, July 24, 2010

Poo Dollar

Wow! I just got my first real sponsor, Gaujome Regional Park. While running this morning I came across a dollar in the path. Now, I wouldn't stop for a quarter or something but a whole dollar; that's a different story.

Stopping is no small deal. I don't think I've said this previously but, I HATE to run (good thing I made this my goal, huh!?!). You've heard "if man was meant to fly...", well, I prescribe to the similar notion that if man was meant to run, God would have given us wind-(thanks Janice)-up legs (like a McDonald's Happy Meal toy). The only good part about running is the stopping. So stopping and then going again is a big deal.

Back to my paying gig: So I decided to stop and pick up the dollar but then it came immediately to my thought that "maybe this is a practical joke" and someone has left a "rigged" dollar to see if someone will try and pick it up. When you do, bam! You get more than you hoped for once you grab the money. Well, I looked around to see if someone was near that could have dropped it or, was waiting to watch someone try to pick it up. Then I examined it closely, decided it was safe and took the money and ran. Now I've made my running work for me. Maybe I can run some more lucrative paths in the future.

3 comments:

  1. If you need sponsors, here's where you go.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I can't resist! "wined up legs" are those legs that would be falling over drunk? :)

    ReplyDelete